Prof. Dr. Mohamed Lotfy
Chairman of the Neurosurgery Department, Cairo University.
- The first surgeon to do a successful operation for craniopagus parasiticus in humans in medical history.
- The first surgeon to do a successful operation for craniopagus parasiticus in animals (a buffalo).
- The first surgeon to perform skull base reconstruction for absent sphenoid wing using titanium mesh.
- Correcting orbital stenosis through a posterior decompression of the orbit (a very rare case).
- Patency for a new plate to fix the lumbar spine from the lateral approach.